First, Aely made out like a /bandit/ this week, picking up an Aesuga, Hand of the Ardent Champion from Hardmode Vezax and new boots from Northrend Beasts, as well as her “new” Judgment hat from Onyxia25. This means, among other things, that her armor is ALL MATCHING again. Which is awesome. There’s just something fun about looking like a badass.
In this picture, you can also see her new pet, a Red Dragonhawk Hatchling. She was a gift from a friend, and Aely is thrilled. Of course, said Dragonhawk doesn’t have a name yet, but she’s thinking Pigeon. Or possibly Magpie. (It has a penchant for chasing shiny things).
Next on the screenshot list is Annie Mae, who is looking very… special… in her new BWL gear. And her dragon squirtgun.
She’s still on the fence about the pink boots. They might be awesome. But they also might be awful. Who ever heard of a cowgirl with pink boots?
There we go. That’s more how she thinks of herself!
And to round out the fun, I’ve a new UI screenshot to share, with the two new addons I picked up to help with the GCD healing problem.
- HealInc – shows a bar for your current target (only) of all incoming casts, organized by the time they’ll land and colored for overheal. This addon also comes with a really snazzy resurrection monitor that I VASTLY prefer to the one from oRA2, as it shows you a castbar with a timer, so you can see if someone else is rezzing your target and if their heal will land first.
- HealthBarPlus – I don’t like this addon. However, it does kinda do what I want. It allows you to set a specific character as a new healthbar and will show up to 5 incoming casts (friendly or unfriendly) on that character, as well as who has that character targeted.
Unfortunately it doesn’t understand mouseover heals, so if I have TankA targeted, but have used a mouseover heal to heal ThatRogue, the addon thinks I’m casting the heal on TankA. This is somewhat helpful, as it gives me a visual representation of my Beacon of Light healing, so long as I keep my Beacon target as my actual target and use mouseover healing for the rest of it. Unfortunately it’s also ugly, poorly designed, not configurable properly (for instance, you can resize the health bar but not the mana bars, so I ended up turning mana bars off completely), and generally clunky and hard to use.
Anyway – this is what my UI looks like currently (click to embiggen!):
This is technically from after the Yogg fight ended last night, so you don’t see some things (like active heals on HealInc), but I’ve got greatness procced so you can see that in PowerAuras (the glowy around Aely in the middle of my screen). The two “tank” bars on the left are the bars from HealthBarPlus, and I think if I continue to use that addon, I’ll be making it smaller. I’m feeling a little restless and unsatisfied with the UI how it is right now, so I may have to do some reorganizing. Maybe it’s time for another UI post!
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)