On Monday evening, the Midsummer Night’s RP Writing Contest ended with a few last minute entries that managed to sneak by in the last hour. We had excellent submissions – and quite a good number of them. So now the hard part begins…
Basic judging criteria will be along the lines of the following (of course, subject to change if we discover we have to have harsher criteria because all of your stories are just that good):
- Follows the Prompt – your character interacting with or responding to a lore event or quest
- Writing Mechanics – can we read and understand it? is there leetspeak or gamer slang?
- Appropriate to the Lore – does the story involve a new character coming in as an NPC to alter the game event in some way? Is the character a half-dragon catgirl vampire with a gunarm and a prehensile tail?
- And the ever subjective… Did we like it?
Judging will be completed July 31, 2009, with winners announced (and published!) the following week. We will have at least THREE winners with prizes (though we’ve not divvied up the loot into 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place yet, I can tell you there’s some pretty good swag in there, including a 60 day game card!), and there will be internet-fame and glory to be had.
So thank you – all of you – that participated. Please be patient as we read and re-read your stories. Based on my own quick read-throughs, this isn’t going to be an easy decision!
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)