A previous Friday Five had us thinking about songs that reminded us of or signified our characters. I wanted to update that a bit, since there are a few new Aely songs running around, plus one or two for Annie Mae.
- Miranda Lambert’s The House That Built Me – brought home particularly by the ending of this War in the Frozen North, and her desire to see her home again
- Mumford & Sons After the Storm – Another Yva find. Yva is awesome!
- Eva Cassidy singing Fields of Gold – Sadly, this one is no longer available online
- Warren Zevon Keep Me in Your Heart for Awhile - for Aely and Jolstraer
- There are a number of songs for Aely and Arrens, but the one that’s most appropriate right now, since Aely’s at the front full time and only back in Stormwind rarely, is David Cook’s Light On. There are other, happier songs too.
For Angoleth (who isn’t really this sad, but these two songs just fit somehow):
- Imogen Heap’s Speeding Cars
- Ella Fitzgerald singing ‘Round Midnight – I don’t know the lover that she lost, that’s part of Angoleth’s story that she’s not told me about, but there’s something about this song, its disjointedness, and Angie’s tendency to just wander around at night that makes it work.
For Annie Mae:
Oh come on, you can’t expect Annie to be anything OTHER than up-tempo country music!
What are the songs you associate with your characters? Obviously for Aely I’ve got a whole soundtrack, but others are just a song or two for when I get into their head (or they get into mine). Do you listen to the songs when you’re playing the character, or is it just an association?
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)