Having three healers at level 70 occasionally presents unusual problems. Especially when it dawns on you all at once that two of them are now both geared appropriately to start tier 5 content, and neither of them is appropriately enchanted/gemmed.
Prompted by a smash and grab SSC run for alts that TRI is running this weekend, I’ve had to do some emergency gear-buffing for both Aelflaed and Annalira (since I didn’t know until yesterday which of them would be going). True to Murphy’s Law, I spent the first set of primals and cash on the paladin, only to find out they really needed another priest.
So! I now have a CoH specced priest and am just waiting on a few more large prismatic shards to have her gear fully enchanted and ready to go.
Annalira’s Raid-prep Checklist (in no particular order, and given about a week’s notice)
- Make sure spec is appropriate.
- No matter how much you love Pain Suppression, it’s really not the best way to heal a raid if you’re one of only two priests.
- Make sure Gems are appropriate, especially if you’ve not regemmed your priest’s healing gear since before the changes to spirit regen.
- Finished grinding last 2K honor for season 2 arena healing mace.
- Yes, I know it’s PVP gear, and that PVE gear is better. I’ll tell Prince Malchezzar that next time I see him and he still doesn’t drop my Light’s Justice.
- Gear is repaired and rummaged out of bank/put in ItemRack properly so as to be available
- Enchants obtained – Major Healing to Weapon, Spirit enchant on Chestpiece; Vitality Enchant for Boots, Healing enchants on Bracers, Rings, and Gloves; Silver Spellthread for pants, Glyph of Renewal for hat (requires Honor Hold reputation), Aldor shoulder enchant.
- Note that some of these are more difficult to obtain, require a lot of expensive materials, or are enchanter-only. Also, some of these Anna already had on her gear. Obviously, you don’t want to put a super expensive enchant on a [Crappy Green of Healing] – but some of these are really easy to get, like the Major Spirit enchant for a Chestpiece.
- Consumables obtained – Mana Potion Injector, 5 Healing Potions, 20 Golden Fishsticks, 20 Zangarian Sporefish, 2 Superior Mana Oil (10 charges), 20 Heavy Netherweave Bandages, 20 Elixirs of Healing Power, 20 Elixirs of Draenic Wisdom
- Boy do I love having a level 70 herbalist/Alchemist. Potions are EXPENSIVE.
- Epic Raid Snacks procured for gamer – In this case, probably homemade hummus and pita/veggies, and some sort of beverage.
Obviously that last one is the most important one, you know. *shifty eyes*
Anyway – that’s what I’ve been up to these last few days. Hopefully our SSC alt run will go well, and we’ll be able to get some tasty loots for our myriad of alts. Also – can I mention how funny it is that we seem to have big pockets of alts? Apparently most of the main raiders all went and rolled paladins and mages together. As of right now there are 7 mages and 6 paladins on the sign up list (not the roster, but still!).
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)