Written by Anna
on November 17, 2008 – 9:22 am
- Annorah is 71 (and about half).
- Aelflaed is 71 (and about 1/4).
- Rirri is 58 and building up a full stack of rested XP. Annalira is my little disenchant bot.
- Juggling two characters is a little odd – even though I have a very easy system for choosing. Annorah is leveling with my husband’s pally, so if he’s online and wants to level, that’s where I go! Otherwise, Aely gets to go run around the Fjords.
- I’ve respecced Annorah slightly, since one of the fun things about being in a group that you raid with is that there are 7 full time healers (at least!) trying to level. So I’ve dumped about 25 points into Elemental, for some extra damage, and now I can run as DPS or healing – both with relative success, thanks mostly to my gear.
- Of the instances I’ve done so far, Ahn-kehat is by far my favorite. Also seriously creepy. The Nexus is cool, and Azjol-Nerub is appropriately spooky (Annorah does NOT like spidergunk on her hooves!). Utgarde was almost disappointing, but I think I was expecting more Vrykul-awesome and less Undead-blargle.
- Having an accent for RP is a lot of fun… but can be a little weird if you have other characters without one. Annorah very nearly slipped into a full Northron Apostrophe-killing Accent in Ahn-kehat the other day.
- The Deathknight quest in the Borean Tundra is really cool.
- I’m trying hard to remain spoiler-free for a lot of the upper level content. Also trying hard to be supportive of all the friends I have that are trying to power through and be 80 by yesterday. I suspect this will get more difficult when they start wanting to go places I’m too low level for.
- Speaking of accents, I need to work on Aely’s some – mostly to get to a consistent pattern for her speech. Hanging around with the other Northron folks in the Riders makes me want to do better!
- I am completely “arse over teakettle” (as Aely would put it) for the music in Northrend. The use of folk instruments (or what sounds like folk instruments) and melodies is completely awesome. I’m sad that some of it isn’t on the soundtrack.
If you enjoyed the article, why not subscribe