- Friday saw a major plumbing issue in my new house, which, though “fixed” isnt really fixed. I’m waiting on the insurance adjustor to deal with my now-collapsing bathroom and hallway ceilings.
- TRI had a tough week, not due to anything internal, but because the Gods of the Intertubes smote us many mighty disconnects and power outages. No new bosses this week, thanks to all of that.
- 10 man Ulduar raid took down Thorim yesterday, and will start working on Mimiron today (or possibly next week, depending on roster stuff).
- I /finally/ have my Pennant cloak, as well as an Ulduar ring – it’s nice to get some upgrades for my gear after quite awhile without any! I keep praying for the shield from 10-man XT-002 to drop, but no luck so far. Still trying to get Naxx runs for the Voice of Reason – I’d say it was becoming my loot-unicorn, but I’ve never seen Turning Tide or Signet of Manifested Pain or Bands of Mutual Respect either, so it’s hard to name one specifically.
- I need to spend some serious time farming – but it’s hard to decide just /what/ to farm for, since the AH has taken a nosedive. I need frost lotus though, so likely will bew lots of herbs, maybe in some down-time this week.
Every Friday here at Too Many Annas, you’ll find a little RP prompting – either in the form of 5 questions to answer about your character or in the form of a ficlet prompt (500 words) to write about them. These aren’t meant to be hard, just things to think about for your character – you can answer in a comment or use them as a blog post of your own!
This week’s 500 word ficlet prompt is from Bricu, over at WTT:RP:
Write up a version of a significant event as your character would tell it in the future. This can be a story told to grandchildren, or reminisced about in a bar with friends.
Lots of flexibility with this one, and I’ll try to get my response up and post it after a /read more tag! I think I may push to have a shorter ficlet for this one (at least for myself) since sometimes a story is not made better by being longer!
This is Part of Angrethar, the story of The Battle for the Wrathgate from Aelflaed’s point of view. You can see all of the posts in this story on the Story Archives page, by searching for the Wrathgate category, or through this link.
“Uther’s Balls, Bert. I thowt ye… an’ Stratholme. An’ ye foun’ me here? … bloody hell.” She stood up, looking him clean in the face, eye to eye, before looking away.
“Aye, bloody hell’s about the size of it. Been through it once, looks like tomorrow we get to do it all again. How the nether are you here? Someone said there was a redhead just arrived at the medic camp, with an accent that’d put a Dwarf to shame. I thought it might be you. I hear you still talk like you’ve a mouth full of marbles.” He laughed, and the sound hit the fog and disappeared.
“Oi, an ye still think y’ve go’ better than th’ lots wha’ do. Y’great ponce.”
More laughter, and he reached out gingerly to touch her hair. “You look just like I remember…”
She peered at him, eyes glancing over his face. “There’s nae much th’ tow-headed seventeen y’r ol’ left in ye, thow. Ligh’, bu’ ye dinnae e’en look like y’rself.”
“I’m… not. Well, I am, but – it’s a long story. You haven’t answered my question though – how did you end up here? This place doesn’t seem to fit the likes of an up and coming Paladin.” His eyes found the jewel on her left hand. “… let alone a woman about to be married.”
“Tha’s.. well, tha’s a long story ‘swell, bu’ then ‘s been near ten years. F’r now, I’m here ’cause m’ Boss sent me, after th’ fecking Cultists took out half a camp ay Medics an’ Fordragon put a call f’r th’ independen’ camps t’ send a healer each. I’ve skill wi’ combat healin’ – ‘s wha’ I did f’r th’ armies fightin’ th’ Bloody Prince th’ last time. After allat, an’ a fair bit t’ myself, I’m up wi’ th’ Wildfire Riders, ap Danwyrith’s crew.”
He stepped back, eyes wide in mock surprise. “Oh you’ve taken up with /that/ band of ruffians and ne’er do wells, aye? I should’ve known. Even as a Paladin, you end up in trouble.”
“An’ th’ bes’ fecking trouble I’ve found in awhile, too. Better lot than th’ ones ye seem t’ have taken up wi, thow I cannae say I’d prefer th’ other option, given th’ circumstances.”
His face fell slightly, as somewhere in the distance a low bell rang, the sound hanging in the fog.
“And that’s for me, and my troubles. I’ll be on the line tomorrow. If you have any of the faith they say you do, pray you don’t see me until after this is over…” He trailed off, eyes flicking to the bandages and the medic’s flag on the tent before resting back at her face. “I can’t say I’ve much left in the way of Light, Aely, but knowing you’re here, that you made it… well, it’s something.”
Silence crept between them.
“I… aye… An’ Ligh’ go wi’ ye. E’en if ye dinnae recognize it.” She placed her hands gently against his forehead, murmuring a blessing. “Go wi’ peace, Bertrand.”
Closing his eyes, he turned away. She watched until he disappeared into the fog.
- Aforementioned winged, biting insects. I hate them. With much fiery passion and bug spray. The ones inhabiting my back yard point and laugh at the can of OFFDeepwoods. I’m currently sporting somewhere between 15 and 20 bites. /scratchscratch
- TRI took out Freya and Hodir this week, putting us at 9/14 Ulduar, and tying us for 5/6/7th place on our server in terms of progression.
- Our 10 man is sitting one boss behind, having spent a good bit of time working on Hodir. We came to the decision that Hodir with no frost resistance on our tank is… kinda painful. Next week he should go down no problem.
- I’m still half-heartedly looking for a 25 man Naxx run, since I really do actually need to get a Voice of Reason and a Signet of Manifested Pain, as well as the Bands of Mutual Respect from Razuvius. Particularly the Voice of Reason – as it is slightly rediculous that a paladin pushing tier 8 is still wearing a badly itemized Badge of Heroism reward shield. I realize that I can not control the RNG, but I can’t control it on no fewer than five items from Naxx/Sarth – two of which are weapon and shield – meaning I’m pretty far behind the gear curve, and it’s annoying.
- RP this weekend was fantastic. <3!
- I have family in town again this week, so posting may be a little sparse – if you have guest posts or want me to feature something you’ve written, email me! (toomanyannas at gmail)
I’ve decided, after no small amount of back-and-forth, to put my energy behind Annie Mae to be my second max character this expansion (with Angoleth likely to be third). I can’t really get into Shaman gameplay, so Annorah is going …
I no longer enjoy WoW’s endgame content.
I like raiding, and the raids in Pandaria so far have been interesting. But I am no longer all that interested in the rest of the endgame.
This is OK, because Pandaria is, …
I’m still getting my head on straight after the holidays, which involved throwing two parties, taking two road trips, and miraculously avoiding having the flu. As such, here are a few interesting things I’ve been reading that you might like …
This week, in lieu of a set of questions, we have a ficlet prompt! This is intended to be a small piece of writing, no more than 500 words.
This prompt is in honor of Shad, who came up with …
Last night we did an Ulduar 25 man run for some transmog gear for our DK tank (and of course, I got 3/4 of a set that I wanted, so I’ll have to go back to finish my own set …
Your character has unlimited funds and unlimited space to make their dream abode.
- Is it in the city or country? What zone, if you could pick one?
- Big or small? What does it look like?
- Is it cluttered and crazy
I’m here today to talk to you all about a very serious problem I see in the RP community – RPer disease. I don’t know any roleplayer who doesn’t suffer bouts of this infection, and while not exactly contagious it …