November 8, 2011 – 8:33 am
I’m not very good at RP walking.
There are some who say that to be a “real” RPer, you must always only walk when you’re in town. I call bullshit, but that’s just me. Sometimes when I’m in town, I’m there for 3 minutes to repair, grab reagents, fill up my stack of water, and hit a portal on the way to a raid.
I do, however, RP walk when I am in a city with extra time.
I’ve returned to my old tradition of walking from the Pig and Whistle back to wherever Aely is living (right now it’s in the Mage District, at SWU with Arrens, before that it was at the Silver Shield).
Roger, the wolfound, follows after her, and she always uses her Argent Charger. She also nods at guards, especially Officer Pomeroy and Officer Jaxon, since it’s always good for the Riders to stay on the good side of the Stormwind Guard. Or at least to TRY. If someone is fishing, I have time to ask if they’ve caught anything good, or if they’ve seen the canal beasts this week.
It makes me slow down, pay attention to who is around, what they are doing, and if there is any open RP going on – even if it’s simple stuff.
I’m never really sure if anyone really notices. At least, the vast majority of the time it’s just me walking on my own, occasionally throwing emotes.
Sometimes, though, I get emotes back, or strike up a quick conversation. Someone in the Cathedral District offers a wave and a blessing, or just a quick nod in passing. And that makes the whole thing worth it.
November 7, 2011 – 8:28 am
Before you read this one, go check out the first in this series – The Differing Species of Tanks and the second – the Differing Species of Healers.
- Quiet DPS: Thinks he’s the best <class> ever, but never really says much. Just shows up and does his job. Probably tops the meters without anyone noticing until the logs are posted.
- Noisy DPS: Thinks she’s the best <class> ever, and Just. Will. Not. Shut. Up. Constantly chattering in vent, possibly even to the point of missing instructions or talking over the raid leader.
- Hax DPS: Thinks he’s the best <class> ever, and knows his class mechanics better than the developers. Manages to pull stunts that make other raid members blink in confusion. Occasionally wipes the raid trying to pull these off, but when he’s successful, it’s AMAZING.
- Excuses DPS: Thinks she’s the best <class> ever, except for that night, and that other night, and that time with all the lag, and the day her video card started fritzing, and the other evening when it was raining, and …
- Patient DPS: Thinks she’s the best <class> ever, and manages to get every other player of her class in the raid to perform consistently better, week by week.
- Prepared DPS: Thinks he’s the best <class> ever, brings enough flasks, food, and other consumables to make sure everyone else is the best ever too.
- QQ DPS: Thinks she’s the best <class> ever, but thinks Blizzard has it out for her class and made it so that bunnies/swords/cats/tinfoil doesn’t work on that fight. Complains loudly and repeatedly of being gimped by the developers, regardless of where other players of her class/spec fall on the meters.
- Stands-in-it DPS: Thinks he’s the best <class> ever, and might actually prove that he is, if he could only figure out how to not stand in the fire.
- Chuck Norris DPS: Thinks he’s the best <class> ever, and actually pulls it off.
(And yes, this is FIRMLY tongue in cheek. Especially since I now play DPS!)
November 6, 2011 – 8:27 am
People keep telling me they end up getting nuked by him. That he sets zones on fire and stuff.
I’ve never seen it though, on any of my characters.
I think it’s a conspiracy.
*I’m invoking Murphy’s Law on this one, figuring if I say something about it, I’ll actually get to see the event.
November 5, 2011 – 8:14 am
Begging in the streets of Stormwind (or Orgrimmar, or wherever) is a pasttime as old as WoW. Low level players without enough gold to train come through, begging for 1 or 5 gold, or just a few silver, to be able to buy skills (or a mount – though that used to be a bigger fiscal commitment… GET OFF MY LAWN!) Usually I don’t pay too much attention, though if someone is particularly nice/polite and RP’s at me, I’ve been known to help them out.
This week though, I encountered a whole new level of begging.
[07:24] [Y] [Redacted]: i need 225g please
At least he said please, right?