- With so much else going on, I’ve not been WoWing as much as usual, but I think that’s to be expected!
- TRI’s clear of 25 man content this week was super exciting – now to start on Sarth +2 (which I fully expect to kick our tails for awhile).
- I think the new raid goal should be “Cleared all T7 Content before Anna has to move”.
- New Priest introduction should be sometime this week – she’s working her way through the Borean Tundra right now, with a little gnome mage sidekick. Shadowpriesting is fun, but running with a mage makes me feel inadequate (his damage is all up front, mine has to hang around before it gets nasty).
- I want to level my druid as well, and I think some Bind on Account gear is in order, esp. given that Aely doesn’t need her badges anymore.
- It was really nice to not have lag this week while raiding. Lag is the suck.
- Malygos isn’t my favorite fight… but when the DK accidentally Chains of Ice (or whatever it’s called) the Dragon instead of the spark, and Malygos turns around and *the entire raid* except the tank dies… it’s kinda funny.
- Our eternally-Fire-specced mage is playing with Arcane. I am the target of his fun Focused Magic buff thing. <Annas Stamp of Approval>
- Fishing coins in Dalaran is still annoying.
Forgive me, as this is a non-WoW post.
I wanted to wait before I said anything (don’t want to jinx it, plus speaking too soon and losing out would’ve been pretty crappy), but there’s some pretty big and awesome stuff going on for me and Spaceship Husband and the two furballs.
We’ve put in an offer on a house, and it’s been accepted – we have an executed contract and have had the home inspected now as well. While there’s still a long way to go before closing (Hopefully mid-February, currently tentatively set for Feb 27), things are in process for us to actually buy our first house.
It’s a bit of a luck strike for us – the previous owner didn’t do *anything* in it, and the owners before that had a bunch of kids, so it’s got a lot of cosmetic work to do (the master bedroom/bathroom are neon peach, one of the bedrooms has magenta wood-grain wallpaper, the kitchen has bright pink formica countertops) as well as being quite dirty inside – but the layout is gorgeous, the kitchen is huge, the flooring is new or in great shape. Oh – and it’s in a fantastic neighborhood, on a cute cul-de-sac, with a great yard.
I’ll keep you guys updated as I know more, but for now, keep your fingers crossed for us!
After quickly dealing with Sapphiron and Kel’Thuzad, TRI took out Sartherion +1 tonight. Our first try at Sarth + adds. Two shot, went quite well, etc etc.
So we thought – eh? Let’s try Malygos. We have two hours; we’ll get some good learning time in.
And you know what we did? We killed him. In an hour and a half of tries. We almost didn’t make it – in fact, I was the only one still alive after he died (and then I died to DOTs). But we did it.
So except for +2 and +3, we’ve seen all raid content that this current patch has to offer. And that’s pretty darn cool for a bunch of (role)players that raid two nights a week.
*one very pleased and proud Anna*
Alright – for our first Friday Five-hundred, I’m copping out and stealing the prompt from the most recent WFR ficlet thread. Here’s the rules:
- You have 500 words.
- Write about one of your own characters
- Try to stick to the “theme” of the prompt
This week’s prompt (From the Pretentious Bastard)…
Someone is walking through a back alley in a Major City, and they are mugged. What happens to them? What happens to the mugger?
Please post your response in your blog (since 500 words is a bit much for a comment) – I’ll make a list of links here in the post itself once I get responses. Remember, the idea here is to have fun – this can be as serious or as silly as you like. You don’t have to write 500 words – you just can’t write MORE than 500 words (if you want to try for 1024 characters). Obviously, you can use this as a character development thing – or not. You can write about a brand new character or your old favorites. The idea is to WRITE!
- Dandill Boughstrider (comment)
- Don’t Mug a Death Knight
- Soliloquy Investment Services
*If you have ideas for future ficlets, please use the contact form or email them to me at toomanyannas at gmail dot com. I’ll happily use them and (of course) give you credit!
The cathedral bells stop ringing overnight, except for chiming the hours. Three bell strikes, and Angoleth padded softly around another corner of the Cathedral District, staying carefully in the shadows. Trained ears picked up Mogget’s soft breathing – nearly inaudible …
(Written by Jolly, Tarquin, and Annalea)
The highlands of Lordaeron were not for the faint of heart; be it the putrescence of the Scourge’s long-lingering remnant, or the rock-strewn hills and valleys that made farmers out of only the most …
(With Tarquin and Annalea)
Once more, four people made their way through the thickets and hills of Lordaeron, this time in the crisp chill of late morning, seeking after the Rider. Aelflaed had snatched what sleep she could while Chryste …
She hadn’t wanted to leave Jolly – not so soon after finding him again – but once away, it took about five minutes for Aely to figure out she had a problem.
That problem had just announced that …
It was an uneasy goodbye for him, but it was agreed by both he and Aely that a stroll back to Hearthglen would not be very easy to explain, nor would the explanation needed for the three Argent soldiers once …
“Light sent me ye when I needed ye afore – an’ now again when I need ye. I canna ask fir more than tha’.” She sighed and slung the shield back across her shoulders. “It’s… Light. Been awhile hasna it? …
She blinked, but did not drop either of her shields. “Aye, though I’ve been Caltrains fir th’ last near three years. Canna say I’ve any memory ay ye.”
“Yeh’ve far moar’n yeh realize,” he replied evenly, his grip tightening on …