Ila, whose writing style is quite fun, has posted the first two bits of her story Twin Angel Step. You should go read them.
A few weeks ago, I introduced the first Friday Five-hundred – a ficlet about your character getting mugged. Wynthea, the full of win, from over at World of Matticus, sent me a response to use as a guest post if I should ever need one. Which I do, because I am totally up to my eyeballs in house debris! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this little bit of Hordeside RP, since I rarely post in character from that side of this crazy World of Warcraft we play in!
The glowing halo atop her flaming Mohawk gives the impression of a Troll on fire. Wynthea’s bare feet pad down the steps from Jo’mah’s inscription shop in the Drag, as Thrall’s Orgrimmar seethes with the sounds of crackling braziers, practice-combat, and bustling trade. And a dagger unsheathing.
The dark alley surrounding her explodes in a sphere of shimmering light, exposing a stealthed assassin – a tiny, masked bundle, preparing to launch himself at her throat.
Berserk before the first strike, the Priest forces herself inside his mind with a primal scream – sending her attacker fleeing as she curses his body with terrible pain. Spells and blades flash – searing fire from the heavens against steel from the earth.
Minutes later, a netted Rogue on the ground, Wynthea calls the life back into her slashed limbs, and thanks the shadowy fiend at her side before sending it back to its world of nightmares.
“You don’ mess wit’ de loa, little one. Why is you attakin’ a Priest-ess of de Darkspear?” she mutters at the unconscious form. Deftly rifling through his many pockets, she discovers a folded sheaf of documents. It’s all Alliance-writing, which Wynthea has never mastered, but she does notice glyphs that look similar to the name of the Warchief.
Uncrouching, she drags the Rogue towards the Valley of Wisdom and Thrall’s advisors as the smell of roast pig wafts out of the window of Borstan’s Firepit. It smells delicious – so much like her favorite meal – all but forgotten since the Darkspears joined Thrall’s Horde, and bound themselves by his rules.
Wynthea pulls two small, gnawed bones from her pocket, and rolls the Troll-dice.
“You gon’ make it to Trall in one piece, little one.You best hope he let you stay dat way.”
- On Thursday – after more than 6 weeks of negotiations, Mr Anna and I finally closed on our house. On Friday? We started demolishing wallpaper and cleaning up the disgusting mess that the previous owner left behind. So far? We’ve made a HUGE mess.
- Thursday night, TRI finally finished clearing all available WoW content – Thursday was a pretty good day!
- I’ve not logged in since then, because of houseguests and sheer insanity with the remodeling. When I finally get home at night from the new house, I’m so exhausted that I brush my teeth, wash my face, and pass out until the next morning to start all over again.
- Primer is stinky. Esp. the kind of primer you have to put in houses that have previously had mold problems! Getting said primer out of your hair is also kind of annoying.
- I’ve missed RP – and I’m looking forward to doing some this week in the evenings – but I have houseguests until Tuesday (that are being wonderful and helpful and letting me use their truck and etc), so things will be sparse around here until then. When you have people volunteering to do lots of dirty, yucky work like stripping wallpaper, you have to take advantage of that!
- If any of you have wonderful guest posts that you’d like to submit to help me out while I’m remodeling and moving, I will very happily take advantage of that!
Tonight, TRI joined the ranks of raids that have, in fact, beat Warcraft as it currently exists. Sartharion and all three of his drakes fell tonight – in one fight. Not too shabby for an RP raid that didn’t see our first 25 man until 8 weeks ago on the 6th of January (when we cleared Naxx on our first night in).
(Click to embiggen, as usual)
(In the front right corner you’ll notice our amazing, fire walking bear tank. <3 Also, and you can’t see it, but our Esteemed Fearless Leader, one Tarquin ap Danwyrith, did vanquish the black dragon Sartharion wearing… a Master’s Hat of Fiery Wrath. I told you we were an RP raid… /facepalm)
She was barely fifty years old* when she took her first – a contract handed out in Everlook, though how she’d ended up in that godsforsaken ice-sheet she couldn’t be sure. It was a simple thing to kill the woman …
It didn’t take long to get from Thunder Bluff to the Echo Isles – Ankona took advantage of a wyvern so she could think and plan before getting to her destination. She had information to confirm with the spirits – …
An old story, reposted here as I’m shaking the mothballs off Ankona and needed an easy way to show people a little bit about the (batshit) things she gets up to. Enjoy, and don’t be too creeped out!
It really …
So I haven’t finished the intro quests yet (the server queues from the reduced server capacity due to the DDOS attacks meant I only got about an hour to play yesterday), but I’m finding that Draenor is pretty cool so …
The morning of the all hands summon to the Blasted Lands, Aely went for a walk. The late fall air was clear and cool, and leaves crunched under their feet in the less-traveled parts of the streets. She and Roger …
What a long strange trip it’s been. I’ll be the first to admit that, at the beginning, I wasn’t sure Pandaria was going to be for me. I’ve made clear my dislike of daily quests, and that seemed to be …
Squire Benjamin William Sullivan stood in the middle of Light’s Hope Chapel in his underpants.
Actually, it was white linen pants and a shift, but the effect was approximately the same. The little chapel was warm, on the edge of …
So I’m not really in a position where I should be creating alts. This, of course, does nothing to deter me from making alts when the inspiration strikes. I’ve been really enjoying my Alliance hunter, and she’s my raiding main …