He’s got a really spot on read of how this affects RP, and what RP really means in the greater context of the game. (And I happen to know that he raids too, which makes him doubly apropos to this particular blog!). Check it out!
Originally I’d thought I wasn’t going to dual-spec my paladin. My shaman, absolutely will have both a restoration (chain heal) build and an elemental build. But Aely? She’s a holy paladin, and I’m not a huge fan of her when she’s being ret.
But… well, what if I tried to build a holy DPS spec? I’ve played a lol-smite priest (Disc/Holy DPS hybrid) and did quite well for myself. I won’t be leading the damage meters, but the only time I do DPS with Aely is on Noth and when I’m soloing.
So I figured why not!
Aely gets to stay a Holy Paladin, I get to do a little more DPS than a wet noodle, and there’s some fun experimentation to be had!
- Holy spec: (basic holy spec, similar to my current spec, only with Divinity instead of Kings)
- Glyphs? Holy Light, Seal of Wisdom, and Holy Shock for now, we’ll see how the Holy Shock one works out, and if I hate it, I’ll go back to Divinity.
- Other Holy spec: focused around 1H DPS with Seal of Righteousness, crits, Holy Shock, and Sanctified Retribution. Will it be the new ret? No way. But will it be FUN for my off spec? Quite possibly…
- Glyphs? Consecration, Holy Shock, and Seal of Righteousness
But, of course, there are several things that could go either way, particularly with the damage build.
Things I’m unsure about:
- I’ve got Improved Blessing of Wisdom in both specs, since range from a totem is iffy on some fights, and I’d prefer to have that, plus it’d be nice to not *lose* it if I swap to the DPS spec inside of a raid. Could possibly shuffle those two points into something else, but for now, I’ll stick with it.
- Whether or not I’ll get laughed at. (Ok, so this one’s kind of silly)
- Whether Divinity is actually better than Sanctity of Battle – I’m choosing consistently 5% more healing over 3% extra crit, basically choosing the “non-burst healing” option. Not that I don’t have gobs of crit anyway. If mana regen is really an issue, I may swap to Sanctity of Battle instead, to see if that helps.
- Whether Glyph of Judgement or Glyph of Consecration would be better. I’m leaning towards Consecration, since that’s ideal for a high spellpower situation and helps with the mana problems inherent with using it all the time and not having Spiritual Attunement/Seal of the Martyr, but if we end up fighting stuff with a lot less AOE, I may switch to Judgement.
Anyway – with all the stuff flying around and changes, it’ll be interesting to see what happens (if anything) when we head into Ulduar this week. I’d rather hoped to have another week before all this went live, but I can’t wish it away! I’ve had some real motivation issues recently in game, so I’m hoping this new content will help (though that remains to be seen).
- I got to visit with an Orc Warrior this weekend!
- I’ve got houseguests this week again until Thursday, so things might be a little sparse around here again. I love my family, but I’m ready to just *live* in this house instead of working on it constantly. I know it’s not done, but burnout approaches!
- TRI had another successful week, and is gearing up for what will likely be the last raids before Ulduar this week.
- If you didn’t notice, Aely got a Twilight Drake. I am SO EXCITED. EEE!
- Annylais is nearly level 64 now, and kabooming her way through Zangarmarsh. Between rested XP and the Outlands XP changes, it was nice to be able to skip some of Hellfire, namely the parts that I really just abhor, and still make it to 63 on my first quest in Zangarmarsh.
- Being a boomkin is WAY too much fun.
- Aely’s dog showed back up this week, with puppies. She’s currently having fun living in a small apartment with another person and no fewer than SIX dogs. They need homes!
Aely, on her new Twilight Drake – who needs a name. (I’m pretty sure it’s a youngish female, if that helps)
I had no idea I’d be as excited about getting this mount as I have been. Aely has, to her name, four mounts – two paladin chargers (40 and 60), a purple armored gryphon, and her drake. She doesn’t collect mounts, she’s never really been into that. But a dark purpley dragon? What could fit better?! I’m still excited about it, two days later!
An old story, reposted here as I’m shaking the mothballs off Ankona and needed an easy way to show people a little bit about the (batshit) things she gets up to. Enjoy, and don’t be too creeped out!
It really …
So I haven’t finished the intro quests yet (the server queues from the reduced server capacity due to the DDOS attacks meant I only got about an hour to play yesterday), but I’m finding that Draenor is pretty cool so …
The morning of the all hands summon to the Blasted Lands, Aely went for a walk. The late fall air was clear and cool, and leaves crunched under their feet in the less-traveled parts of the streets. She and Roger …
What a long strange trip it’s been. I’ll be the first to admit that, at the beginning, I wasn’t sure Pandaria was going to be for me. I’ve made clear my dislike of daily quests, and that seemed to be …
Squire Benjamin William Sullivan stood in the middle of Light’s Hope Chapel in his underpants.
Actually, it was white linen pants and a shift, but the effect was approximately the same. The little chapel was warm, on the edge of …
So I’m not really in a position where I should be creating alts. This, of course, does nothing to deter me from making alts when the inspiration strikes. I’ve been really enjoying my Alliance hunter, and she’s my raiding main …
The cathedral bells stop ringing overnight, except for chiming the hours. Three bell strikes, and Angoleth padded softly around another corner of the Cathedral District, staying carefully in the shadows. Trained ears picked up Mogget’s soft breathing – nearly inaudible …