- Mr Anna and I spent yesterday at the beach! It was lovely, though quite windy, and I’m a little windburned. He got a little more than that, so he’s working from home today. The temptation to log in and quest/instance will be very high!
- TRI took down Kologarn, Auriaya, and the Iron Council this week, along with the usual first four bosses, putting us at 7/14 Ulduar.
- I finally got to bring Annorah to a Naxx25 raid, in the hopes of getting some tasty loot and then swapping over to Aely for Kel’Thuzad since he is a bastard and I still am using the badge shield to heal in Ulduar (/sadface). KT still didn’t drop anything anyone wanted, but I had a BLAST healing with Annorah, and feel kinda like I have my shaman groove back. I really enjoy large raid healing with the Shaman – not so much 5 mans. But it was a ton of fun and I hope I get to go and do it again.
- I want to get Aely the “Crusader” title. Exalted with 5 alliance factions isn’t hard – all of them are at least halfway through revered already. Exalted with Argent Crusade also isn’t that hard, though I’m baaaarely at revered there. The championing, however, is going to be a little annoying (mostly because I find the Valiant dailies to be a real pain in the rear).
- Then I get to choose – will she be Aelflaed the Argent Champion or Crusader Aelflaed. Or Aelflaed the Explorer. Gah! Too many appropriate titles!
- One thing she won’t be, is Aelflaed the Noble. I want a bunny pet. I’d like to be able to turn into a bunny. But Aely is a country bumpkin, the daughter of a dirt poor miner in the mountains west of Stratholme. She might have some noble qualities, but Nobility she ain’t!
- On the advice of a friend, Annie Mae is now specced protection. I’ve not had a chance to really play with the new spec yet, but I’m looking forward to it, once I no longer have all my game time sucked up by Argent Crusade/Argent Tourney stuff! (and looking for bunnies)
This is Part of Angrethar, the story of The Battle for the Wrathgate from Aelflaed’s point of view. You can see all of the posts in this story on the Story Archives page, by searching for the Wrathgate category, or through this link.
“Oi, Aely, yeh got a minute?” Tarquin’s voice held no hint of emotion, though she thought she might see steam coming out of his ears any moment. She looked up from her armor repairs. “Ayeh, ‘Boss, wha’s th’ crack?”
“Bad shite. Cultists took out the better part ay the Medical Unit down on the lines. I’ve been…requested ta send a replacement.” The humorless grin on his face neither invited nor left any questions as to the nature of the request. “Yeh’ve experience as a proper medic, ayeh? Battlefield’n all?”
“Aye. Sev’ral years, t’ be fair. ‘s what I did back when we were fightin’ th’ Bloody Prince th’ first time. Take ye wan’ me t’ pack up?”
“Likely fir the best.” He was chewing almonds again, she saw – his odd substitute for cigarettes. Come to think of it, he’d had a cigarette in hand nearly every minute she’d seen him since arriving in the ‘Blight. “Gods only kennit wha’ kind ay equipment they go’. Government shite.” He snorted dismissively and spat almond husk into the snow.
She picked up the piece of plate armor she’d been re-lining with thick fur. “A’righ’ – I’ll report down there – prob’ly take an hour air so t’ kit out, bu’ I’ll be there well ‘fore nightfall. Owt t’ give me time t’ help ‘fore th’ push morrow.” She looked at him curiously, not entirely sure she liked the idea of facing … whatever … without the people she’d come to see as family. “Y’ sure I’m t’ join up, an’ nae be here?”
Tarquin looked at her for an inscrutable moment. “The wonderful thing ’bout war, Aely,” he said with blunt-force sarcasm, “is thit wir no’ sure ay sweet f*ck all. But orders bein’ orders – ” it seemed to physically pain the man to say that ” – yeh’d best be oan yir merry.”
The paladin stood up, unfolding her limbs and taking a quick look at the small pile of belongings and supplies she’d brought up to the Rider’s camp. “Fair enow, ‘Boss. Dinnae let ‘em f’rget I’m down there, ayeh?” She nodded at him, and walked towards the stables.
“Aely,” he called after her. When she turned, the wry smile and the lines of anger were gone. “Find us after,” he said simply, “Or we’ll find yeh. Trust it.”
Every Friday here at Too Many Annas, you’ll find a little RP prompting – either in the form of 5 questions to answer about your character or in the form of a ficlet prompt (500 words) to write about them. These aren’t meant to be hard, just things to think about for your character – you can answer in a comment or use them as a blog post of your own!
This week we’re tackling the Argent Tournament (and a few other things!).
- Is your character participating in the Tourney? (If no, are you doing it OOC?)
- If asked “What is your home city”, how would your character respond? If the answer is not their “Faction Capitol” – why not?
- There are rumors in Dalaran that a Dwarven Expedition has unearthed an Old God – how will your character react?
- Does your character side more with Varian/Garrosh, or with Thrall/Jaina?
- Meta Question: Are there things you do with your character that are OOC, but have IC rewards? (Reputation for a Faction Item, farming for a non-combat pet, or Dailies/Quests for a title like Loremaster, for example?) Do you have an IC explanation?
Bonus Ficlet Idea: In 500 words, the conversation between your character and the Argent Tournament recruiter for his or her faction capitol.
WTT:RP has a great post on Apostrophe Abuse, its causes and diagnosis, and how you can channel your inner Trolls, Dwarves, and Humans of Northern Descent.
Go check it out! If you don’t, I’ll do a whole post in Aely’s accent…
I’ve decided, after no small amount of back-and-forth, to put my energy behind Annie Mae to be my second max character this expansion (with Angoleth likely to be third). I can’t really get into Shaman gameplay, so Annorah is going …
I no longer enjoy WoW’s endgame content.
I like raiding, and the raids in Pandaria so far have been interesting. But I am no longer all that interested in the rest of the endgame.
This is OK, because Pandaria is, …
I’m still getting my head on straight after the holidays, which involved throwing two parties, taking two road trips, and miraculously avoiding having the flu. As such, here are a few interesting things I’ve been reading that you might like …
This week, in lieu of a set of questions, we have a ficlet prompt! This is intended to be a small piece of writing, no more than 500 words.
This prompt is in honor of Shad, who came up with …
Last night we did an Ulduar 25 man run for some transmog gear for our DK tank (and of course, I got 3/4 of a set that I wanted, so I’ll have to go back to finish my own set …
Your character has unlimited funds and unlimited space to make their dream abode.
- Is it in the city or country? What zone, if you could pick one?
- Big or small? What does it look like?
- Is it cluttered and crazy
I’m here today to talk to you all about a very serious problem I see in the RP community – RPer disease. I don’t know any roleplayer who doesn’t suffer bouts of this infection, and while not exactly contagious it …