Well, I can’t really rank them, but I’ll do my best to come up with something remotely coherent. These really are in no particular order – and I could probably come up with 10 more things pretty quickly.
- Discovery. Discovery of new places, new things, new “scenic views” – To this day, some of the scenery and areas of Warcraft give me goosebumps – even the ones that I’ve seen hundreds of times before. I love the thrill of discovering a new place – especially some of the amazingly beautiful places in Azeroth, Kalimdor, and Outland. Did you know that if you wind your way through Razorfen Kraul (outside the instance) you can get to some amazingly stunning views of Thousand Needles?
- The first night in Molten Core – My first experience of a real “raid” – though at the time I’d been running Zul’Gurub for about a month. There was some real magic in the energy we pulled together, standing in the “staging” area, staring down the giants. We killed the first three bosses that night, and it was awesome and fun. Even now the run into Blackrock Mountain starts the little adrenaline kick that I used to get out of raiding there.
- Greebo (the cat) facepulling Ragnaros (a week after he facepulled Garr) – Particularly since the owner of Greebo was a particularly abrasive and epeening hunter who bragged about his awesome DPS continually. Watching that cat go tearing hellbent for leather across Rags’ cave, straight through the lava, and start clawing was awesome. We wiped spectacularly.
- Ele Shaman and Prot Pally vs. Ikiss – Proving the supreme lordship of the hybrid, our first Ikiss fight (in normal) when the rest of the group went down around 50%, one elemental shaman and one protection paladin (Anna and Spaceship Husband, respectively) took him out. It might’ve taken 10 minutes, but we won!
- Cassamir “I wonder what happens if I do this” and half of Blackrock Depths – Cassamir is the mage that inspired the “I’m too sexy for my Aggro” silly song. And with a group of lowbies (and a 70 pally) he fired a shot down into the Bael’Gar area from the Bridge… and it went off successfully. I believe we got the entirety of that wing about 2 minutes later. We didn’t win, but it was close, and it was epic.
- Paladin Hijinks to get our epic mounts (Pallyzhan?) – there’s no hijinks like paladin hijinks, and these included simultaneous bubblehearthing, undead instances, the fastest blast through the paladin charger questline I’ve ever seen, and a group cavalry charge to Uther’s tomb. In two weeks, I hope to take Aelflaed to an all-pally Karazhan. Expect more hijinks!
- Two baby hunters vs. Westfall/Deadmines – BOOM BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM BOOM! Not just playing and leveling with my husband, but playing two little dorfs together. There’s just something giggleworthy about watching them shoot stuff full of holes. That, and they’re so obviously NOT sneaky. BOOM!
- Walking into Darnassus the first time. Walking into Stormwind the first time – These cities are *huge* and have such a mind boggling quality to them the first time you walk in. I still get goosebumps on new characters when I enter one of these cities for the first time. It’s like magic.
- Finding Totally Raids, Inc. – I’ve never experienced in character raiding – and, in fact, did not think that it was possible. Not only was I wrong, but in correcting my mistake, I’ve found the greatest group of 25 people (plus all the rest of TRI that’s not in the 25 man) I could ever hope to spend my online time with. Solid players, good RPers, creative, fun people. I’m totally stoked about getting to meet you guys this summer.
- All of the Roleplayers and stories that I’ve met and gotten to be a part of. I’m not a great in-game RPer. I’m much more comfortable in a storytelling or forum role. But I love RP, and taking on the personalities of my various characters. And without a doubt, my fellow Feathermooninites are some of the most creative, inspiring storytellers I’ve ever met. Between that and TRI (and hey – a good number of those RPers are PART of TRI <3), I’m rarely bored with the game. Because there’s always something new going on, and it’s nice to sit back and have a pint with a friend.
Things that didn’t make it to the list are: My Shaman’s Totem quests – especially the Air Totem. Killing Vashj. Angoleth’s epic riding saber. Getting accepted into the Defenders of Valor (though they’re wrapped up in that last one, and I miss you guys!). Meeting Lunauviel/Athorius at a Mexican Restaurant here in Houston. And so many more.
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)