I have the stomach flu. I spent yesterday laying on the couch pretending that I didn’t exist. Today, I’m back at the computer, but rather sufficiently behind. I’m also working on an Anzefi fic and some non-game-related research. So as such, in lieu of a real blog post, I’m going to send you around the wow-blog-ring to some excellent posts that have shown up recently.
And then I’m going to try eating some jell-o.
- Two posts from WTT:RP this week have caught my eye – first Wrathgate Wednesday: Inspirational Speech Edition, in which the Riders prepare the day before Wrathgate. Aely was there, as this would’ve been a few hours before she got sent down to the front. You’ve all seen a lot of her story here in the Angra’thar storyline. Wrathgate Wednesday shows what happened with the REST of the Riders. And then today’s post, Fic This, where Bricu breaks down the writing process for “Fics” – a process I’m going through today.
- The Snarky Duo over at World of Snarkcraft instructs healers in the Art of Saying No. It’s good reading – especially for me. ‘Cause I’m known to be particularly vulnerable to the sob story on IM as a way to get me to come heal things (BUT ANNA, IF YOU DON’T COME WE CAN’T GOOOOOO /sob).
- Honor’s Code thinks through the new Icecrown Citadel information – as well as speculates on how it can impact both future patches and general gameplay. (If you’re a pallytank and you’re not reading Honor’s blog, you need to be!)
- Lorecrafted celebrates an anniversary with a total page overhaul, as well as a look at some of the upcoming lore changes. My favorite post so far? The one about the return of the Highborne. Angoleth is… not so rational about all this. She doesn’t like Darnassus anyway, and if Tyrande accepts the Highborne back – well, let’s just say it will be expletive producing.
- And Pike, over at Aspect of the Hare, has an excellent post (that I helped with, in my tiny way) about Hunters, Pets, and DPS.
- Linedan, Der Panzercow, updates us on the Latisha Experiment – something I’m following closely, as Latisha and Annie Mae are very close in level these days. And he’s right, being a prot warrior is pretty fun… and then you get Sword and Board and it gets /really/ fun.
- And the Big Bear Butt Blogger, who has been taking apart PUGs lately (for shoddy behavior) asks us all what is our Least Favorite Group Behavior. As always, a good combination of solid common sense and great storytelling (which is the mark of the Big Bear Butt, you know).
- Cynwise has a great Introduction to Wintergrasp, with maps and explanations and all kinds of good stuff.
If you have any fun or interesting posts you’ve read recently, feel free to add them in the comments! Oh, and shameless self-promotion is 100% ok!
/me staggers off…
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)