Even given my ostritch-like, head-in-sand tendencies when it comes to new expansions, I am doing some things to get ready – and I’m noticing others doing the same.
What have I done?
- Stockpiled Netherweave for leveling first aid on all three 70′s (probably 4 70′s before Lich King)
- Put serious effort into getting epic flying skill for my 70′s – one down, one earned, two to go. (Angoleth wants a hyppogryph – and has the money, but not the rep for one).
- Respecced Aelflaed from mining/engineering to herbalism and something – probably elixir specced alchemy, but I’ve not decided yet. Not having a high level herbalist hurts when you need potions/elixirs, and I really don’t need another engineer. (expect an amusing RP tidbit about this one)
Things I’ve not done that I probably should, or will be working on soon:
- Get Angoleth’s leatherworking and Annorah’s engineering to 375. This will happen when I’m no longer selling all the ore, leather, and primals I stumble upon in order to make the money for the epic flyers.
- Any extra herbs that Aelflaed gathers will be saved – perhaps she’ll become an Inscriptionist?
- Get all 4 epic ground mount riders a Riding Crop
- Make sure all 4 have 18 slot bags (at least – Annorah’s got a full complement of 20′s).
- Stash enough netherweave to get Annalira’s tailoring up to where she can use whatever the new tailoring materials will be – probably in the form of netherweave bolts (since they take less space)
Things that I will be doing shortly after Lich King opens:
- Redoing my shaman leveling guide, to incorporate Lich King talent trees
- Writing resto-shammanific guides to the instances you find in the expansion
- Yes – I’ll be leveling the shaman first (in groups), and then probably the hunter (simultaneously, and solo). The other two (priest and paladin) will likely take a slower pace. I’m intending to continue raiding with the shaman in the expansion, and the hunter is a good character to have around for general farming.
That said, and I’ve said it before – don’t expect to see long posts discussing the new talents, trees, and abilities that are coming in the new expansion until it’s nearing release – while I’ve seen a few rumored new abilities that look *very* cool, I’m hesitant to get my hopes up about anything. Things are still very likely to change – and change dramatically before then.
Also – I won’t be rolling a Death Knight. (GASP HORROR /WRISTS!) To be perfectly honest, I’m not all that interested, and I’m a lousy tank. I’ve come to accept and be alright with my lousy tank-ness, and it’s just fine with me that I don’t have to delete any of my 10 characters already on Feathermoon! Besides, there will be bajillions of death knights. Someone else can take my spot. I’m working on my third 70 healer, and I’m alright with that. Hey – do what you’re good at right?
Anyway – that’s my list – what are you doing, or not doing, to prepare for Lich King?
*all images are promotional screenshots and property of Blizzard Entertainment
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)