Too Many Annas has become a very large (and enjoyable) project for me over the last 11 or so months – and since it’s that time of year, I figured it might be good to get some of the meta business of blogging out in the open – at least when it comes to making goals. I didn’t start blogging until the end of January of last year, so I didn’t have any resolutions – but I did have some goals I hoped to meet by the end of 2008.
Unfortunately I botched most of them. Or at least, I botched some, and circumstances totally beyond my control botched others.
Goal Analysis for 2008
- 500 Feedburner Subscribers (currently at about 450 – close, but no cigar)
- 1 post every weekday, and one post per weekend (again close, but thanks to Hurricane Ike, family funerals, personal medical emergencies, and other associated shitfan stuff, I didn’t quite make it.)
- Participate in NaBloPoMo – utter failure, again thanks to stuff outside my control. Perhaps I’ll do this in January?
- Sustain both PVE/raiding and roleplay content weekly (Success!)
My goals for 2009
- 1000 Feedburner Subscribers
- Average 5 unique comments per post
- 1 post every weekday and one post per weekend
- Participate in NaBloPoMo for at least one month, if not November
- Have at least one teaching/guide post per week – of any type.
- Have at least one creative writing post every two weeks.
- Continue to hilight PVE/Raiding and Roleplay content, both in my own posts and through links to other blogs.
I reserve all rights to update this post for the next week or so, as I solidify these goals. I’m trying to avoid “write more of X” because that’s not a definable goal. I know it is very likely that some time this year I’ll be moving out of my current residency and into one that’s both more permanent and less likely to get obliterated in a hurricane – but hopefully I’ll be able to plan in advance for that!
Overall, though, I’m pretty happy with how things have gone around here – I really enjoy blogging, and it’s nice to see little measures of my own success at doing it. So here’s to 2009, and whatever excitement it may bring.
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)