The usual Monday mutterings got pushed back again this week, thanks to Memorial day! Having a “day off” was quite nice, even if it did mean that the instance servers were full all day.
- Wrathgate posts will be more frequent, hopefully, as the guild side of this endeavor is pushing forward quite rapidly. More writing in the future! I’m also hoping to tie in the Flashbacks to Childhood story to this somehow. We’ll see if it works.
- In the vein of RP – Bricu’s “Friday” Ficlet this week was about the remnants of Lordaeron, the Argent Tourney, and how there is no Lordaeron tabard or contingency there. You can read it here. It’s quite good, and brings up a lot of the struggles that the human population from Lordaeron would face in trying to remember their homeland (most are not going to try to get it back, as it is plaguelands now, but they’re a bit like war refugees. Actually, quite a lot like war refugees).
- Aely will get her “Crusader” title today – just in time to contemplate whether she – like Jolly – will be withdrawing from the Tourney after what happened with Bricu (and then Jolly’s own confrontation).
- Also – Aely sends her congratulations to Threnn and Bricu on the arrival of Naiara Bittertongue! Wooo!
- Annie Mae is 43 now, specced protection, and having a blast. Woo! It’s fun to play and RP with her, as she’s something completely different – plus a cowgirl gnome is just hilarious. She makes friends very easily – probably the most easily of all my characters – and as such it’s been really fun to work on her. A nice break from endgame, where I’m feeling more than a little disgruntled with various things.
I’m struggling with the mental balance between the game and real life right now – things have been super stressful, I’m hoping to get a second writing contract, and I’m still trying to figure out the stupid plumbing thing. Sadly, that’s been bleeding over into in game stuff, and I’ve been irritable and not really all that enthused about raiding. RP has become something of my “haven” in game, as it lets me flex the creative muscles and is a great diversion from all the other junk in a way that raiding has never been.
Hopefully I can find what makes all that fun again, so bear with me while I try
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)