My thanks for your patience with the lack of posts this weekend. My in-laws arrived on Friday afternoon, and I figured that I could use a few days away from the internet anyway, so I’ve been doing other things (like knitting, gardening, and cooking).
Anyway – time away is time to think, and I did some pondering about what I missed and what I didn’t about the game and the internet in general.
Things I missed:
- TRI. I didn’t think I would be, but I was totally bummed that I didn’t get to go to TK on Friday night and knock out 3 bosses. As much as it’s frustrating, raiding is also fun.
- TRI (again) – I missed Totally WTF Gruul and Karazhan – and while I don’t really care about missing the content, per se, I miss our Kara raid (<3 to Belph’lishe and Co.) and all the silliness.
- I missed having something to do on Saturday and Sunday evenings – apparently I have no life, and there is nothing on TV. I usually do “stuff” during the day on weekends, but when nighttime came, it was kind of a slow letdown to not have more fun things to do.
- Comments! I know it sounds silly, but every comment I get here on Too Many Annas makes me smile, and I read all of them and enjoy them. Not posting meant not many comments.
Things I didn’t miss:
- Feeling “tied” to my computer. Not sure why, as I didn’t exactly ignore the internets completely (and I still updated twitter a few times), but the “taking a break” decision seemed to free me up from my constant hanging around the keyboard.
- Dailies. ’nuff said.
- Being frustrated with myself because I didn’t get (so – called) real things done. I don’t neglect housework or cooking or things, but I have other hobbies, and WoW tends to suck me in, and I forget to spend more time doing those other things.
I guess, in the end, it’s about balancing things in life according to what’s really important. But also about appreciating your friends and the fun things you get to do in the game. I’m not going to rush out and spend all day farming because I need to make up for the weekend away, but I think I’ll enjoy my online time tonight more than usual.
Absence making the heart grow fonder, and all that.
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)