One of the things I’ve enjoyed most in Wrath so far has been the abundance of really interesting, involved quest chains. Obviously Wrathgate comes to mind, but there are others that have been very, VERY cool.
Of course, I’m only level 76/75, having just completed Grizzly Hills with Aely and Dragonblight with Annorah, so I can’t even speak for the amazingly cool Troll God and Earthen/Titan and Icecrown stuff coming up… but I thought I’d put together a little list of the quests that I’ve done so far that have stood out as either very cool, very fun, very silly, or all three.
My apologies to those Horde members of my audience – I’ve not yet played through these zones with a horde character, so I can’t say anything about those. If one of you lovely Troll, Orc, Tauren, Forsaken, or Blood Elf readers wants to bring me up to speed, I’d love a guest feature!
In Borean Tundra
- Deathknight Questline – this takes you through the majority of the Southern Tundra and is arguably a “must do” questline if your character is struggling with how to react to Deatknights (or *is* a Deathknight)
- Winterfin Questline – Learn to speak Murglish, rescue adorable Murloc Tadpoles (WANT ONE), and wear a murloc suit. What could go wrong?!
- Blue Dragonflight Questline – An extended and serious set of quests that leads to The Nexus instance and the Coldarra area, this set of quests is a good introduction to the Blue Dragonflight issues. (Also possibly a good reason to seriously dislike the Kirin Tor)
- D.E.H.T.A quests – silly, something of a pain in the rear, and worth an achievement. There’s a good overview of these quests here in a comment.
In Howling Fjord
- Spirit World Questline – a short questline that starts in Valgarde Port from a Draenei Shaman, this quest introduces the Vrykul and starts you off on some interesting Lich King Encounters
- Vrykul Questlines – There are a great many of these, leading up to Gjalerbron (Pronounced “Shaler-bron”), and they unveil a fair amount of the connections between Arthas and the Vrykul. Also introduce you to the new plague being tested by the Forsaken.
- Wolf/Worgen Questline – Starting at Steel Gate, this quest first has you cleanse yourself and then go and help a wolf pack alpha… and gives you a puppy costume to do so! Woof!
- Pirate Questlines – A naked Tauren cabin boy, a human that thinks he’s a blood elf, and a chance to shoot pirate cannons. This quest starts in the Kalu’ak village Kamagua, but quickly takes you out to a bunch of fun Pirate quests.
- Wrathgate (duh) – Alliance side, you can start it either in Westguard Keep (with a flight to Wintergarde) or Star’s Rest in the Dragonblight (also with a flight to Wintergarde). For Horde it starts with a quest to talk to Mother Tauranook outside of Taunka’le Village in the Borean Tundra.
- Shredder Questline – control a shredder, stomp around, kill harpies. Fun!
- Forgotten Coast Questline – Ever wonder what happened to those guys that Arthas stranded on the shores of Northrend? Aely is still trying to digest this one…
In Grizzly Hills
- Silverbrook/Worgen Questline – a huge extended questline reminiscent of Silverpine Forest. Very cool. Make sure you get Mikhail’s Journal off of Vladek or a Silvermoon Hunter so you can continue it.
- Iron Dwarves Quests – playing with Giants is fun, and these guys introduce some of the later Earthen/Titan lore.
- Drakuru/Troll Mojo Quests – Catch one in a cage, and then go explore more Troll-y ruins. A nice lead-in to Zul’Drak.
Hopefully I’ll get to do another one of these posts once I get through Zul’Drak, Storm Peaks and Icecrown – but we’ll see how long it takes to get there! I definitely also recommend doing the Tuskarr quests, because I like the Tuskarr. I think if you squeeze one, it would make a wheezy squeaky noise, like a plushie squeak toy.
Oh – and just for good measure, another cool screenshot wallpaper. I like the Dragonblight one better for sheer impressiveness, but this one has a nifty peacefulness to it. I’m a big fan of Dalaran in general.
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)