Written by Anna
on October 20, 2008 – 7:25 am
- The Giant UI Post of Doom arriveth on the morrow. Prepare thee for wall of text!
- Achievements are kinda fun. Also, kinda trigger the completionist, OCD tendencies I have for some of my characters. Figuring out who gets to do which achievements will hopefully help though.
- Seeing all 12 of your guildmates getting the Leeroy, UBRS, MC, BWL and other achievements losing its charm? Siha’s got the answers.
- Angoleth’s Explorer title is on the way, with only Tirisfal Glades and Silverpine left on the Eastern continent. I’m trying to do it slowly, so as not to burn myself out. Getting to see old instances is definitely fun though.
- Old World, Legacy, “Retro” raids can be a lot of fun – but they’re not any fun at all when you’re with a group that doesn’t explain the fights and then laughs at/mocks people that die to mechanics they’ve never seen before.
- The achievement system’s “rewarding” of grandfathered achievements is about as reliable as the RNG. This is exceedingly frustrating for me, for some reason. Maybe because I have 5 characters competing for my time right now, and the one that farmed Z’G twice a week for 6 months didn’t get credit for it… but got credit for Van Cleef – an instance she’s run maybe twice?
- That big rant on the tolerance/acceptance of anti-roleplay attitudes is probably going to get put off indefinitely. I don’t need to piss people off right now.
- Speaking of rants – GameDame has an excellent one, and one I’m not sure I’ve adequately responded to.
- I kind of wish that Blizzard would take the “random” holiday pets out of the game. I hate farming for things that won’t drop only to lose the rolls to people I don’t know, and I hate that the achievement system rewards that kind of asshattery. Make the pets something I can earn – even something *hard* – I don’t care. But this RNG stuff gets old.
- I have a new cell phone! (or will, when it arrives in the mail) This makes me extremely happy, as my current phone inspires diatribes of profanity every time I try to do anything with it.
- Russ tanked Nefarian on Friday, when flame breathy thing WTFPWNT 2/3 of the 40 man raid due to lack of Onyxia cloaks. I love my bear.
- Riptide has the single best animation in the Shaman arsenal, with the new chain lightning coming in a close second. It’s a “we just won the superbowl, Gatorade-Dump” kind of thing. I love it.
- I’ve seriously considered NaNoWriMo, but am not good enough at developing/sustaining plot to do more than consider. Matticus, however, has some… interesting ideas. I still think demon posession should be on that list.
If you enjoyed the article, why not subscribe