In an effort to bring you Drama-Free and EZ-Mode-Lewt ™ on behalf of Totally Raiding, Inc., I bring you one in a series of class-specific addenda for the boss fights you may encounter.
By reading this strategy addendum, you accept that the tactics set out herein are by no means foolproof, depends very much on you not being said fool, as well as other exogenous factors including but not limited to spitfire totem damage, healer assignments, whether ‘milkshake’ really is a euphemism for ‘blowjob’ and the etymology of ‘pwn’.
Like the Maulgar fight, the pull is everything. You have three snakes and a Broken needing to go in different directions, so as many hunters as possible is good, though we’ve managed as little as two. The MD priorities should be in the same order as the kill order: shaman, hunter (then pet), priest.
- If you’re pulling the hunter (Sharkiss), make sure you understand clearly where he’s being tanked so as to get the best line. With TRI, the usual place to tank Sharkiss is behind a pillar to avoid healers getting hit by his mana drain by way of LOS.
- The shaman gets tanked pretty much where it is, at the bottom of the slope from its starting point.
- The hunter gets pulled off to behind the pillar to the northeast.
- The priest gets pulled into the southeast corner. And Karathress gets moved along the west wall of the room for as long as his entourage are alive.
It doesn’t really matter who the current kill target is, your job after the pull is to stomp it hard. Don’t forget to FD regularly, but basically, it’s about moving on to the next kill target as fast as possible.
Consider adding Aimed Shot to your rotation on the current kill target (not every hunter in the raid needs to do it; just a designated hunter) while the priest is still alive in case she gets a lucky heal off; the 10-second 50%-healing debuff should help offset that healing some.
That spitfire totem
It’s like the chains in the Illhoof fight. /target spitfire macro FTW. Once the totem appears, burn it. Scream it over Vent so the others also know to switch. It is particularly important that ranged DPS (that’s us, folks) gets to that totem when it’s Karathress’, melee may get stunned and therefore it is imperative that ranged does the job.
The pet corner
Standard spank mode. Pet wails on whatever you are.
One more thing
Watch the cyclone, and let others around you know where it is, and if it’s near. It’s a pain getting lifted off the ground when there’s a totem that needs killing.
**Belph’s posts will be featured here the same week that Anna’s Resto Shaman vs. Boss posts, in an attempt to be both consistent and informative. Belphzooka (aka Belphegor) is the fearless hunter lead of Totally Raids, Incorporated, and together with Harvey the scorpid and Fang the bear, keeps us all on our toes and the bosses misdirected to the tanks.
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)