Best thing to do on patch day, hands down?
- You don’t need a UI or addons that work – just have to be able to see your chat window.
- You don’t need the server to be stable.
- Lag is mildly annoying but not gamebreaking.
- You don’t need to be in a major city, on a certain continent, or anywhere near all the OMG NEW STUFF mob.
- You don’t even need your home server – coordinate on your guild forum, roll up some alts on a server that’s live, and head into town. Level 1’s can get most anywhere these days without too much fuss.
Which isn’t to say that running a new dungeon isn’t awesome, and that I won’t try to sneak a spot into the new 5-man (possibly OOC, possibly IC, we’ll see) – but sometimes (ok… anytime) when there’s a major patch, the servers aren’t stable, and oh GODS my UI looks like crap, and EVERYONE wants to be where the action is so there’s Ahn-Qiraj levels of lag, and hey look Northrend is offline, and server reset in 15 minutes, and World Server is Down, and… well, you know how it goes.
So if you find yourself frustrated tonight, think about popping down to pub, the park, Bruuk’s tavern, Silvermoon City, Thunder Bluff, Stormwind, wherever the RP happens. You might be pleasantly surprised!
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)