Progress towards Cataclysm Goals (level 80, 425 in all crafting skills, 450 in gathering, banks cleaned out, epic flying):
- Aelflaed - level 80, 450 Herbalism, 450 Alchemy. Bank … kind of a mess, but that’s all RP clothes, otherwise, good to go. Epic Flying obtained.
- Aely!Priest – level 80, 439 Tailoring, 441 Enchanting. Bank clean out in progress. Epic Flying obtained.
- Annorah – level 80, 425 Engineering, 450 Mining. Bank is a disaster. Epic Flying obtained.
- Annie Mae – level 80, 423 Blacksmithing, 450 Mining. Bank is mostly reorganized, still have a few things to get rid of. Epic Flying obtained.
- Angoleth – level 80, 428 Leatherworking, 450 Skinning. Bank is a disaster. Epic Flying obtained.
- Annylais – level 70, 380 Inscription, 405 Herbalism. Bank needs work. Epic Flying obtained. Revered with both Cenarion Circle and Cenarion Expedition – but most rep farming is on hold for leveling. (at least in theory)
- Annata doesn’t really have any major goals, as she’s level 21; she’s likely to not see too many more levels until Annylais hits 80.
Overall, banking is… slow. Seems that most of the “quick and dirty tricks” that you see advertised on the Auctioneer guides don’t work on old servers with weird Auction House trends and most of the population running at least bank alts, if not also running Auctioneer with the same quick tricks. Cleaning out the assorted crafting materials in various banks has helped some. I’ve got myself a goal, though, and am slowly inching towards it.
I wish I had any awesome tips for making money, but honestly, the way that’s always worked for me is the addon Routes, a gathering skill (I use Annorah for all my mining, since she can pick up motes/primals as well), a couple of good podcasts, and a tasty beverage. It’s not ideal, and yeah, there are “faster” ways to do it, but I’ve gotten burned a number of times trying to be cute with the market, and crafting materials seem to sell really well on my server. Rather than specialize in one area, I do a little bit of everything – which seems to work well enough, but it won’t make you a headline on the front page of a gold making guide.
I’ve not yet decided which of my six characters will be “mains” in Cataclysm, other than that Aelflaed (in her Paladin incarnation, most likely) is definitely on the list. I’m not done with her yet, and I love her RP. Depending on how things go, I may be a ret paladin instead of a holy pally primarily, but that’s all VERY much up in the air. If I were to guess, right now, my votes are on Aely, Angoleth, and Annie Mae. I’d really like to put more time in with Annorah though, so we’ll see. (I like all my characters a LOT. This makes it hard to pick one sometimes.)
RP is definitely in a holding pattern – between Arrens’ crazy job, everyone’s general burn-out, and Gnomeregan taking its own sweet time, things are pretty slow. Even, perhaps, in the Doldrums.
I’m currently one of the lucky few that can’t get the current Beta client to work. I’ve posted on the Tech forums, but to no avail. So my collecting of screenshots has come to a bit of a halt. And before someone suggests it, yes, I’ve tried running it as Administrator, both the installer and the launcher. I spent many hours on Friday evening trying to get it to work, to no avail (in between trying to troubleshoot my OTHER computer issues, which are now fixed).
Around the Internet are several awesome posts that I really liked…
- 5 ways to make your PUG healer like you – from I Sheep Things – which really should just be “5 ways to be a good PUG member”, as it talks to healers too.
- Under the Sea – Mana Obscura – totally fun and not-even-a-little-bit spoilery Cataclysm post. I giggled.
- How to Spice Up a Boring Heroic Run – from Der Panzercow – d’awwwwww.
Posts are likely to be pretty scarce this week around here again – though for happy and fun reasons. My brother is getting married this weekend, so I’ve gotta be The Big Sister and help take care of things. (And have lots of fun.) I’ll be leaving mid-week and won’t be back until next week.
Hope you all had wonderful weekends and may the Loot-Fu be with you!
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)