It’s Tuesday, and I can’t seem to get my thoughts together enough to craft an actual, coherent blog post. So instead, you get random snippets!
- I’m not sure what the deal is, but our towns have had a huge influx of OOC/stupid yelling in the last week, usually of the “OMG I WUV U SO MUCHES WUBBIES!” type (or similar dreck). I’m ignoring 5-10 characters per day on average. It’s worst in Stormwind.
Yesterday saw Annie with 5 new pieces of gear (crafted and dropped), Aely!priest with two, and Aely with 3 (all for DPS). Purchasing gems for 10 pieces of gear, BoA enchants for 3 characters, and regular enchants too, plus some of the odd crafting mats I needed for Annie’s new stuff? Gets expensive. Fast. Good grief.
- On the other hand, Annie now has 548 Defense and 24K Health. Which means I need to Learn2Tank, Nub.
Plan for learning tanking: Clear out quest log of level 76-78 instances – Draktharon Keep, Violet Hold, and Gun’drak all have quests in my logs, and I can pug those and worry less about a n0obgroup. If possible, bring a healer I know.
- Tanking appropriate gear she may have, but DPS appropriate gear she does not. Though she has a fury dual-spec, I found out yesterday that her highest 2H weapon skill… is about 30. Apparently I need to go find some ogres somewhere and level weapon skill. A LOT of weapon skill. (Also, need to find an offhand weapon. Currently only possess one 2H weapon.)
I still hate holidays. Even though I hate holidays, I did the stupid SFK boss with Annie, so she now owns a really NICE tanking necklace. The Wonderful Holiday Lag, however, can die in a fire.
- The RP, it is a-happenin’. There will be stories incoming with Aely and Arrens – probably later this week – plus related in-game RP. And there are some Angoleth ideas rattling around as well, particularly pertaining to Russ.
However, I’m still looking for more RP. I’d like to get Annie Mae more involved. As such, I’m going to try having her show up for things, but Aely is kind of overshadowing that in-game recently. Ideally, I need people to know who Annie /is/, so that she can get more response from other characters. (You thought getting involved in an RP group ended as soon as your main was accepted? Guess again! It’s certainly easier the second time, but it’s a total character reboot, and does involve starting over!)
- ICC “limited edition” end bosses are over, and normal attempts no longer have a capped number of tries before the bosses despawn. I am glad for this, as it’s quite annoying to wipe 15 times over two days on a boss, and then run out of attempts when you’re consistently getting to the last bit and think you might be getting close to downing him/her/it/them.
TRI is doing another round of performance reviews – something we do a couple of times a year. Evaluating your gear, performance, morale, and all that stuff is really useful, especially as a part of a healing team where we really need to be communicating with each other. If you haven’t done so recently, I highly recommend it.
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)