Welcome to the October 17 Edition of the RP Friday Five! Every Friday, you’ll find a list of five questions to spark your roleplaying curiosity and flesh out a character a little more – hopefully without any of the long, supposedly painful searching to figure them out. This week’s five questions are related to what everyone in my guild seems to be thinking about – achievements (personal, in game, titled, and otherwise). As usual, you can find my answers under the “read more” tag!
- What is your character most proud of?
- What traits does he or she really respect in another person?
- Does your character have any titles, and if so, does he or she actually use them?
- Is your character looking to get any recognition through the new system of achievements?
- What’s one silly, irrelevant, or otherwise not in character achievement that you think you’ll get, even if your character would NEVER do something like that?
- Aelflaed is proud of her background as a woman of the North. Annalira is proud of her healing abilities, as well as her family’s ability to stick it out and stick together even with all the horrible stuff going around. Annorah is most proud of her connection to the Elements, but she’s pretty defensive about her healing too. Angoleth isn’t sure what she’s proud of anymore.
- Angoleth is the hardest of my characters to get true respect from, but is incredibly loyal to anyone who shows that they’re loyal as well. She’s not as interested in people that follow the law so much as those who are true to what they believe in – and are willing to stand up for that. Aelflaed is somewhat similar, but she’s more open and friendly in general.
- Angoleth hangs on to her old Sergeant Major title, though sometimes she’s a little embarrassed for doing so. She’s no longer on active service, and they don’t let people carry the Sentinel title anymore, so she keeps it as something of a remembrance. Annorah is a Champion of the Naaru, but she won’t actually use the title. She’s a little nervous around the Naaru of late, especially with the whole Sunwell thing, and would rather deal with the Elements – as hard to read as they can be. Berylla, my fire mage, is Berylla Jenkins. She loves it.
- Angoleth would like to be recognized as an Explorer – and also for her collection of pets. Annylais would like to earn the title of Guardian of Cenarius, given that she’s spent a fair amount of time in the Dream/Nightmare. And Aelflaed will be looking for the Argent Champion title. As a former member of the Silver Hand, she can’t imagine NOT gaining that reputation even if there wasn’t actually a title for it!
- Going Down! – which I’ve completed on Angoleth, is totally irrelevant to anyone. None of my characters are really the cliff-jumping type (except maybe Aelflaed, on a dare).
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)