Another Friday, another set of questions to think about for your characters. As usual, you can make these as in depth as you want (or don’t want). This is about sparking creativity and thinking about your characters as people that exist inside a world – there are no “right” or “wrong” answers, other than to be true to your character!
Five Questions about Living Arrangements
- What does your character’s living room look like? (If they don’t have a stable home, describe an inn room that he or she has rented steadily.)
- Does your character have any pets?
- Does your character collect anything? Is that collection of any value to anyone other than them?
- Does he or she have any “side” jobs or professions, other than their class and/or talent professions?
- What would you find in his or her sofa cushions?
My answers (from Aelflaed, Annalira, and Angoleth) are behind the “Read More” tag:
- Aelflaed is something of a whirlwind. Though she doesn’t have too much in the way of clutter, her living areas are usually scattered with various bits of armor and armor repair supplies, herbs (which she keeps in a horrible state of disorganization), and assorted bottles and recipes while she’s actually *there*. When she’s not, it looks like a normal room.
- Two pets – a baby Sprite Darter named Fidget (with an uncanny knack for stealing turkey sandwiches), and her worg puppy, Roger. She wanted a puppy FOREVER, but couldn’t manage to find anyone willing to give her one until she came across the pups in Blackrock Spire.
- Aelflaed doesn’t have any collections that don’t involve pretty armor or herbs. Angoleth collects pets, though she pays a fortune to one of her friends at Feathermoon Stronghold to keep up with feeding all of them when she’s not around. Annalira collects books.
- Though she used to hire herself out as a farmhand every fall, Aelflaed is currently not working any side jobs – too many things to keep up with as a Paladin right now. Annalira has always worked on the side as a sort of herbalist – though she’s not an alchemist of any sort, she knows herbs front and back, and does a fairly good business in teas and herbal remedies. Particularly the one that cures hangovers.
- In Aelflaed’s sofa? dog hair, lost herbs, armor pins, steel wool, and crumbs. In Annalira’s, herbs, random mixed up bits of enchanting dust, snipped threads, half a dozen straight pins and/or needles, crumbs, lost coins. In Angoleth’s, a few fletching bits from arrow repair nights and pet fur. Probably lots of pet fur (how it all manages to get down INTO the sofa, she’ll never know)
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)