This week has been crazy, to say the least. Possibly some big news around here, but I don’t want to jinx it, so I’m holding mum in major public places (those of you that know, plz to shush!).
In that light, I’d like to do a bit of musing about the Friday Five, give a few questions, and throw out a possible idea.
First, as I”m sure you’ve guessed, coming up with five new and interesting questions every week gets old after six months. It’s been hard to come up with exciting and interesting questions that are different enough to provoke thought.
On that line, though, I’ve just been introduced to a new form of writing. The “Ficlet” – a teensy fiction story capped at a small length, to challenge your writing brainz. The Wildfire Riders are currently in the middle of a 1024 character contest (1024 characters = one byte of text), and I”ve heard of 500 word ficlets. And, well, you might just see a Friday Fivehundred around here sometimes in the future, instead of a Friday Five, depending on how creative I can get with ficlet prompts (and how many I can steal!).
This week, however, a smattering of my favorite questions from the last several months. No rhyme or reason to them. If you’ve answered these already, feel free to skip this week, or answer for another character/an alt!
- Does your character collect anything? Is that collection of any value to anyone other than them?
- What just irritates the hell out of your character? What makes them happy (in a silly way, like bubbles or balloons or goldfish), if anything?
- What is your character’s favorite thing to eat?
- If your character knew he or she would die tomorrow, how would they spend today?
- What is in your character’s pockets?
(And a bonus question, because it never fails to make me giggle when I think about it: If your character were a zombie… what kind of zombie would they be? (examples: braiiins. (subdued zombie). Braaains? (curious zombie). GRAAAIIIINS! (angry vegetarian zombie) ) – feel free to be totally off the wall with this one!)
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)