So some of you have expressed interest in RP but aren’t sure how to get started. It’s a common problem (and one I still struggle with frequently in game) In that light, for a few Fridays I’ll be posting question sets, similar to the Friday Five of blogging fame. Some of these will intentionally be silly, others thought provoking. You can see last week’s questions here.
The idea is to pick a character (or one of your characters) and see how they would answer the questions. Let your imagination go, and let the characters talk for themselves sometimes too.
Feel free to comment your answers (or turn them into a blog post of your own!). If you’re unsure of some of the logistics – I highly suggest starting with www.wowwiki.com – you’ll be surprised how much AWESOME lore there is to be found. (And no, not all questions will require any kind of lore-related background). Don’t get too hung up on the details – these are for thinking, and there are no wrong answers!
Anywho! On to this week’s Friday Five!
- When is your character’s birthday? Does he/she know?
- What is your character’s favorite place in the world? Why?
- What kind of sense of humor does your character have (if any)?
- Is your character introverted or extroverted?
- What just irritates the hell out of your character?
This week, Aelflaed is going to step up to the plate to answer this set!
- Aelflaed’s birthday is May 4, and she is 28 years old. She knows her birthday, but doesn’t really care either way.
- Aerie Peak, in The Hinterlands. It most reminds her of where she grew up (the lands outside Stratholme, where her dad was a miner), and she enjoys the cooler temperatures and huge pine trees there.
- Rediculous. Aelflaed, of all my characters, is the most prone to outbursts of silliness and/or playing pranks/tricks on people. She loves to laugh and tell stories.
- Very extroverted. She’ll sit and chat with anyone, especially where ale is involved. (Double points if there’s food involved too)
- Stuffed-shirt, pompous, holier-than thou types. She’s too full of energy and general optimism to put up with that stuff. While she’s definitely a paladin, and a strong supporter of the Light, she’s not one to be preachy, and she’d rather be out looking for trouble than sit around discussing theology.
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)