So some of you have expressed interest in RP but aren’t sure how to get started. It’s a common problem (and one I still struggle with frequently in game) In that light, for a few Fridays I’ll be posting question sets, similar to the Friday Five of blogging fame. Some of these will intentionally be silly, others thought provoking.
The idea is to pick a character (or one of your characters) and see how they would answer the questions. Let your imagination go, and let the characters talk for themselves sometimes too.
Feel free to comment your answers (or turn them into a blog post of your own!). If you’re unsure of some of the logistics – I highly suggest starting with www.wowwiki.com – you’ll be surprised how much AWESOME lore there is to be found. (And no, not all questions will require any kind of lore-related background). Don’t get too hung up on the details – these are for thinking, and there are no wrong answers!
Anywho! On to the Friday Five!
- What is your character’s name?
- Why did he/she pick his/her class?
- What’s the worst trouble he/she ever got into as a child?
- What is his/her favorite thing to eat?
- What does he/she have in his/her pockets?
(These can be answered in first or third person, depending on your preference)
And – since it’s only fair to ask these kinds of questions if you’re going to answer them…
- Annorah, granted the title of Farseer
- It picked her, more than she picked it. Annorah had very little tie to the Light before the destruction of Shattrath, but – once the Elements began speaking to Nobundo – she found his teachings relatively easy to follow. She’s been “claimed” particularly by the element Fire.
- With her several-years older brother (who fortunately was the one to get them OUT of said trouble). He dared her that she couldn’t go with him out into a forest of some kind, and she – not being one to be cowed and wanting to seem as brave as her brother – took him up on it. They ended up lost for just over a full day, and though they were in no real danger (and had enough sense and fishing skill to rummage up dinner), the consequences on returning home were… less than desirable.
- Dragonbreath Chili. The hotter, the better. Spicy Hot Talbuk is good too. She actually carries hot spices to dip her Golden Fishsticks in.
- Fel Iron Bolts, spare change, assorted items that remind her of various times, and a small set of polished, black divining stones.
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)