- When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
- Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
- List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
10 Honest Things about Anna:
- You know those punchy-bag things that dangle in the back of your throat (you see them a lot in cartoons when people scream)? That’s a uvula, and I have two of them. (really!)
- I love old books, especially the way they smell. I’d much rather have an old copy than a new copy, so long as it doesn’t smell like cigarette smoke or mold.
- I’ve been fascinated with history since I was very small, and it was my favorite subject all through school. It doesn’t even really matter what time period, I love learning the stories “behind the dates and wars” from our collective past. I majored in music history and minored in European history in college, and I would love to be able to take more classes like that. In fact, if I could get paid to be a college student, I’d probably be set for life.
- In reality, though, since nobody will pay me to go to class, I write for the Azeroth Advisor, as well as working part time (occasionally) as a substitute music teacher. I don’t like teaching as much as I like writing, so I’m hoping to phase out the substituting in favor of more writing.
- My historical indulgence is in living history and medieval reenactment – which is how I ended up with the Anne/Anna name in the first place, as my real name is NOT Anna. However, because both WoW people and my history friends all call me Anne or Anna… very few people outside my immediate family use my real name!
- I define and remember various moments in my life by the music that was going on at the time. This includes video game music, movie soundtracks, and canned musak in buildings, along with orchestra, wind band, and other music that I participated in making.
- I have two kitties – Max and Charlie. They are usually more entertaining than anything that’s on television, especially if they have an audience. They also have some serious issues, as both were rescued from not-so-happy situations.
- My husband and I have played video games together since we were just really good friends going to college in two different states. We played together over the internet – and we’re still playing together, even if we now sit within arms-reach of each other. Right now we’re playing a lot of WoW (he’s a tank, I’m a healer), but we’re both looking forward to Diablo III.
- I love gardening and growing things – flowers, veggies, herbs, whatever. I had a small herb/flower garden on my porch in the apartment, and I’m eagerly planning out the herb and vegetable garden that will go in my new, huge backyard.
- I love writing, but I absolutely can not write believable plot to save my life. This is one of the reasons I enjoy taking part in the RP stories developed by other, more talented plot writers – since my characters are at least well rounded (most of the time).
Now for the hard part – I’m supposed to tag 7 people that I think have brilliant blogs. Problem is, as I’ve been away from the blogosphere for so long, I think everyone has already been tagged. Plus choosing just 7 would be particularly difficult. And, in fact, the two people that tagged ME would be on the top of my list, because they’ve had a huge influence on me as a blogger – along with Ila (at Binary Colors) who is also on Siha’s List, and Stop (from The Stoppable Force), Linedan (of Achtung Panzercow) and Ratshag (of Need More Rage) who have all been tagged as well! Not to mention Kestrel, Bear Butt, Ego, Pike, and Bell.
I also have to mention Phaelia and Big Red Kitty, two bloggers who have recently left the Internether in search of other, greater things – in both cases, a dedication to their families. Obviously I don’t expect them to respond to an “award” like this, especially given that neither are posting, but when it comes to blogs and bloggers that have had a BIG influence on me, these two are up there with Matticus and Siha.
Which I guess brings me to Blogatelle, who writes an excellent RP related blog, as my only tagging, since I’ve only just recently found this blog, and I’ve really enjoyed reading it. There aren’t many solid RP blogs out there that discuss roleplay as thoroughly as Blogatelle, especially while remaining approachable and interesting. I especially recommend the Katafray project posts, which talk about finding roleplay as a level 1-10 character rolled on various RP realms. It’s an interesting experiment, and shows just how difficult (but also how rewarding) early level RP can be, especially when you don’t know anyone else around!
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)