Every Friday here at Too Many Annas, you’ll find a little RP prompting – either in the form of 5 questions to answer about your character or in the form of a ficlet prompt (500 words) to write about them. These aren’t meant to be hard, just things to think about for your character – you can answer in a comment or use them as a blog post of your own!
This week’s five is inspired by a few things – first, Arrens (who is a sometimes Feathermoonie) posted about the music behind his characters. And then the Wildfire Riders’ guild forum threads about “music for your character” spawning a “music for other people’s characters” thread as well.
It’s odd that, as a musician, I rarely think of my characters in non-WoW songs. But these posts got me thinking about my characters (and wouldn’t you know, two of my guildies pegged Aely SMACK ON – both with sad songs, which surprised me, since she doesn’t often play up the fact that, in essence, she *is* a very sad character). Anyway, forgive me if some of the Friday Five today are “meta” questions, or out of game questions, but I really like this topic!
- Does your character have any musical inclinations? Can he or she sing or play an instrument?
- If yes, are they trained or self-taught? If no, have they ever tried to make music of any kind?
- What kind of music, if any, reminds your character of home?
- What kind of music would your character listen to, if given an iPod?
- If you had to pick a song or two to represent your character, what song(s) would that be?
For what it’s worth, Aely’s songs are as follows:
- Luseblus, by the String Sisters – the instrument featured here is a Hardanger Fiddle, a Norse fiddle with four extra “resonance” strings. It’s pretty rockin’. When Aely’s at the bar or otherwise causing trouble with the Riders? This song fits.
- Ailein Dunn, by Maev (<3 Jolly)
- Fields of Gold, by Eva Cassidy (thanks Yva!)
- Season of Mists, by Kevin Crawford, which I can’t find on teh intarwebs, but which is a solo piece for low whistle.
- Darrowshire, by Cranius (Thanks Phileas!) – written for a machinima video about the battle of Darrowshire, this video in general brings me back to Aely’s roots and how she reacts to returning to the Plaguelands. It’s applicable to anyone from Lordaeron, though, who has to go back and face what’s happened in the face of the Plague.
Oh also? Someone send Tarquin a pitch pipe. His fiddle is HORRIBLY out of tune…
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)