So I have this priest.
Her name is Anaelle Fischer, and she’s got bats in her belfry.
And I’ve had a lot of trouble leveling her, plus have had interest in a high level Horde character for awhile. Rirri is awesome, but Rirri has one major flag against her. She’s a DK. DKs do two things – they tank, and they do melee DPS. And I really suck at those two things, and I’m not overly fond of leveling them. Admittedly, she does level quickly when I put the burn behind her, but with two OTHER characters in the 55-65 bracket, she doesn’t see a lot of time.
Anaelle is 75. She’s got the heirloom shoulders and robe. And she has no active RP to tie her to the Alliance /at all/ – I’ve spent some time working out a story for her, but it’s never worked out to where I felt comfortable bringing her to the Pig for RP night. Especially not in favor of leaving Aely, Angoleth, and Annie Mae back in the character selection screen.
So then I get left with my choices:
Anaelle Fischer – Forsaken Priest
- Has the advantage of no name change. In fact, her name works beautifully for a forsaken. If I were to change it – which I might, depending on how the faction change thing works – she’d become Aleydis Schaerbeck (who also has bats in her belfry).
- Added advantage of Lordaeron lore, something I’ve put a lot of work into.
- I already have a Forsaken character.
- Cult of the Forgotten Shadow, which rocks, and which would make “Remember – Patience, Discipline” quite applicable, as she’s rather firmly a discipline priest.
A Troll Priest Who Is Yet Unnamed
- Trolls are awesome.
- Would require a name change. (Possibly Ananda? Annala? Anzefi? Lots of options, Trolls have fun names)
- Trolls wear shoes funny, blech.
- Would allow me to do Troll Lore research – and having tiny lore nerd binging sessions is fun. Would also require learning and figuring out an accent, something else I rather enjoy.
- I don’t currently have any Troll characters. And Voodoo is also awesome.
So there are obviously good and bad sides to either option. No desire to play a Blood Elf (or a Goblin, or a Tauren priest), so it’s really just these two.
Or stick as a Human priest and not worry about it. I’ve not really officially made up my mind yet. But the ability to transfer over some of the account bound items, to have a “ready made” character that could see Northrend from a Horde perspective without getting slogged down in Hellfire and Zangarmarsh (the way Rirri is right now), etc. is pretty appealing. She’s also got epic flying/Northrend flying already, and an epic mount.
About the only thing I’d be sad to lose is that Anaelle is an enchanter, and she DE’s all my greens? But I could just as easily send those to my husband’s enchanter – who is already 80, and who does almost all of my enchants for me anyway. It’d put me back at waiting for enchants and paying for them again though. (booo!)
So what do you guys think? Is this worth it? Am I just, yet again, trying to breathe life into a dead character? Am I deluding myself thinking she’ll get more than an evening of play a week (if that), depending on how much time I end up not spending on my three, already invested Alliance characters? (I’d rather not end up overcommitting myself!)
I seek your wise council, oh commenters!
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)