After yesterday’s Srs Bsns post, I thought I’d open things up a little bit today.
Sometimes it’s good to keep a “short update” list for your characters, both so that you have a good mental idea of where they are and so that if someone else asks (having been away or not RPing with that particular character lately) you have a short, sweet, and to the point update as to how they’re doing and what they’re up to. As someone with a slew of various characters and independent personalities, I try to do this once every week or so. It helps me keep tabs on them all, and know where to start if I randomly end up with some RP. Having a list like this is also a good way to stay mindful about your characters when they’re doing “non RP” things (like leveling).
So anyway – I’ll give you guys updates on the four lovely ladies you’re used to seeing around here. (And don’t tell Angoleth I called her that, ok?) Then it’s your turn! Give me a paragraph (not a novel – this should be something you could use for a /quick/ rundown or update) on your characters and what they’re up to!
- Aelflaed is working. A lot. If she’s not at the Pig or out with TRI, she’s in an infirmary somewhere, most likely in Icecrown, but she’s been spending her days off tending to scraped knees and sore throats in the Stormwind Infirmary as well. She’s started keeping some medical diaries, mostly because she’s learning quite a lot about the more mundane sides of healing, as well as spending a few late nights in her herb books. When she /is/ at the Pig, she’s making more of an attempt to look like a person and not like The Shiny Crusade Paladin. She’s also back to living in the walk-down apartment underneath the Silver Shield, having done a thorough fall cleaning of the place on her last day of “encouraged sabbatical”. Oh, and her trips out to the Shimmering Flats have slowed down some. This may be because she’s discovered that Miller’s Bakery makes a sweet honey-raisin braided bread.
- Angoleth, on the other hand, is being a lazy arse. She’s been wandering around in Northrend, just doing this or that, nothing with real purpose. Russ is getting grumbly though, and she’s looking for a time she can catch Bellesta and Feliche to get him a proper Bear Sendoff. She’s been in good enough spirits, so long as she doesn’t go back to the Pig and Whistle… mostly because the last two times she’s been there, she got thrown out. Or rather Russ did. But that’s the same thing in her book!
- Annie Mae is Officially Tired Of Ogres. She fought ogres in Tanaris. And then she fought ogres in Ferelas. And then in Burning Steppes. And now? They’re all over Outland too. For someone who’s only 3’5”, ogres are kind of annoying. They also smell. She’s having fun though, as she’s currently experimenting with a pair of really spiky brass knuckles. They’ve proven surprisingly effective…
- Things for Anzefi are rather business as usual. She’s got a small shop set up in Thunder Bluff, from which she sells potions, enchantments, and amulets, as well as fortune telling services. Business has been a little slow, which she expected for being new, but she’s happy enough in her little tent-shop. It’s also close enough to Senjin Village that she can hop back to get anything she needs, as well as take a trip to the ocean there to have a chat with her favorite Water Spirits.
So where are your characters right now? What have they been up to, and how is life going for them?
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)