So I haven’t finished the intro quests yet (the server queues from the reduced server capacity due to the DDOS attacks meant I only got about an hour to play yesterday), but I’m finding that Draenor is pretty cool so far.
- Khadgar is a badass
- I like having a Draenei as a main character – both Maraad and Yrel are pretty cool
- I like that the elite attack force that goes through the portal is extremely diverse. There are elves, dwarves, etc. I don’t remember any gnomes, which makes Annie Mae sad, but still – it’s not all humans, which is a huge improvement.
- Going through the portal and seeing the huge Iron Horde army on the other side was nicely reminiscent of going through the portal into Hellfire Peninsula and seeing the demon army there. Nice touch.
- The music is great. Also, the music in the Blackrock Quarry quotes from the WCIII soundtrack Blackrock and Roll, which makes my little nerd heart happy.
- I really like that the intro quests are zoned, so I’m not doing them with 4 million of my closest friends. I know it’ll get crazy once we get into SMV, but for now it’s been fun just having it be SSH* and I.
- As usual, the first zone is quite pretty.
Fortunately, since I wasn’t in any of the actual populated zones yet, I ended up missing out on the worst of the server crashes, bugged quests, and overloaded zones. I expect that will get somewhat better with today’s maintenance, but this weekend may still be a bit of a clusterfuck.
It really sucks being an adult with a job and an early bedtime at times like this. (I had to take off work last weekend for my mom’s birthday (my parents live about 300 miles from me, so it’s a bit of a drive), so I couldn’t take off for the launch.) Still, I know other people will take things slow, and I should have plenty of people to quest and instance with over the weekend from my raid.
*SSH is Spaceship Husband. He doesn’t want me using his real or character names online, so I’ve had to come up with a new name for him. Since he’s a rocket scientist, he is Spaceship Husband, or SSH, around here.
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)