So I have this druid, Annylais.
Annylais Eldersong, to be truly specific. Her FlagRSP is as such:
“Of average height and build, Annylais is most remarkable for her hair, which is very long, very green, and peppered with tiny braids on which are suspended an assortment of feathers, seeds, and shells. The glow of her eyes is mismatched. She doesn’t seem to talk much.”
Which is all well and good, except it doesn’t actually help me roleplay with her at all. I’m running into the problem of playing a female Druid in the current Druidic lore. According to most things I’ve read, female druids are a rarity, and a very new thing in Elven society (women were priestesses, men were druids). Which leads me to the following options:
- Annylais isn’t really a female, but should be gender-swapped to be a male Druid. This is an option, but I don’t have a male druid RP idea either.
- Annylais is very young. This isn’t something I like, and it doesn’t fit her at all.
- Annylais is a wilder, wielding druidic magic without really knowing what she was doing, outside of the bounds of society, possibly with an unusual God/ess patron. This is (to me) the most workable solution, since it ties into her mismatched eyes. It’s also the easiest solution to fall into Cookie Cutter, Special Snowflake territory.
- Annylais wasn’t a druid until recently. I’m not sure I want to go this route, since it’s awfully close to Angoleth (who has always wanted to BE a druid, but couldn’t because she was female and because she has no magical aptitude whatsoever). I’d rather not have two characters so close to one another.
- Some solution I’ve not thought of.
Which is where you guys come in.
I’m looking for help, and I know my readership is creative and interesting, so I’m going to take the cop out and see what you guys can come up with.
Right now Annylais is dual specced feral/boomkin. I have no idea what she will eventually do once she hits 80, but I’d rather focus on her RP than on her raid roles, since I have both tanks and healers at endgame right now. I really like both feral AND boomkin specs, but have stuck with mostly feral for leveling (because melee/stealth is hax). I’m open to gender-switching her, but not to faction switching her.
What I don’t want: I don’t want a druid that’s always in (X) form. She’s already expressed a strong preference to mostly be in her elven form (though of course, if she’s going to go sneaking around, she’ll do that as a cat). I guess I want her forms to be tools that she uses rather than crucial parts of her identity.
If you guys have any ideas, I’d LOVE to hear them, especially those of you that are much better versed in your Elven/Druidic lore than I am.
- Godmodding and Griefing (116)
- On Privacy, Real ID’s and Roleplay (49)
- XX and XY in RP (47)
- Population Disparity (34)
- Tanking Perceptions (33)